Great British Bake Off star Janusz has offered a much-needed update on spring roll-gate, hilariously making a statement in the form of a Downing Street press conference.
Janusz for Prime Minister, anyone?
The baker was at the centre of an unsolved mystery on this week’s Bake Off, when one of his creations appeared to mysteriously go missing.
The bakers were tasked with producing eight spring rolls for their tricky technical, but when it came to the judging, Paul Hollywood declared it was a shame that Janusz had only made seven.
Janusz was left horrified and indignant, insisting he had indeed made eight – leading fans to demand to know what had happened to the eighth.
Well, it seems the case is destined to stay unsolved.
Addressing fans on his TikTok, in front of a Downing Street background, Janusz began: ‘People of Britain. As a result of the recent events that took place in the tent last night, I stand before you as a mostly honest man, to discuss the missing spring roll.
‘Firstly, I would like to apologise to you, the people who live in my phone. Secondly, I would like to explain what happened. I don’t know what happened! I think I definitely made eight spring rolls but clearly only seven were fried.
‘Safe to say, Prue thought they looked so good she may have eaten one raw. Who knows? I hope this offers some clarity and closure to spring roll-gate and that the people of Britain and the whole wide world can sleep again.’
It might not be the update we wanted, but we can’t help but think it’s the one we deserve.
Theories are still flying about, with one fan commenting: ‘it was Prue,the guilt was written all over her face.’
‘Hahahaha amazing!! I’m still curious, though! Where is the footage?!’ another said.
One more added: ‘May god have mercy upon the missing roll, deeply missed, always in our heart 🥺♥️.’
Intrigue and bewilderment encircled the tent on Tuesday, when Janusz was left horrified over his missing spring roll.
However, it clearly didn’t hold him back, with the baker placing second in the technical, just behind Sandro.
It was Maxy who left the tent in pastry week, with Prue and Paul admitting it had been a pretty disastrous week for most bakers.
Chatting after her exit, Maxy said: ‘It’s really sad to go but I’m happy and I’m proud i made it this far.’
It means Syabira, Sandro, Abdul, and Janusz have made it into the semi-final.
Fingers crossed for no more unsolved mysteries, at least this series!
Great British Bake Off continues Tuesday at 8pm on Channel 4.