Nadia Sawalha suffered painful burns after an ‘idiot injury’.
The Loose Women star showed off her scars after an accident with boiling hot bottle of honey.
Taking to Instagram, the 56-year-old revealed a deep red scar going from her neck to her cheek as she opened up about her ordeal.
‘This really has been the week from hell! I’m calling this my IDIOT INJURY! What a PLONKER I am,’ she wrote.
‘You will NOT believe how I got these burns. It’s quite a a story so will tell you on Coffee Moaning at 12pm on our you tube channel. Go to my stories and swipe up to join us LIVE.
‘But in the meantime has anyone got any recommendations of products or home remedies to prevent scarring?’
The star also took a moment to ask followers for any advice on how to treat the burn, adding: ‘I did this on Tuesday and the blistering (pics to gruesome to show you!)has been too bad to put anything on it. But I think I should start using something ASAP.
‘Any suggestions would be greatly received! You always have such great advice!!’
Lifting the lid on what went down on YouTube, Nadia explained she was heating up a plastic bottle of honey in a microwave when it all went wrong.
‘The plastic bottle was two seconds from the whole thing exploding like shrapnel,’ she said when recalling opening up the microwave.
‘The honey leaps out the pot and sprays all over the ceiling, all over the side, all over the floor, all over the cupboards and splashes up my neck.’
Fans and famous friends instantly flooded the post with support, with one commenting: ‘Get checked over at hospital and don’t use any oils or creams yet!
‘It’s quite a large area you’ve damaged so may need looking at x ( Ps I’m a tissue viability nurse specialist) xx.’
Kate Beckinsale wrote: ‘Noooooo,’ as Keith Lemon said: ‘Hope you’re ok x.’
Susanna Reid added: ‘Poor thing – get well soon Xx.’
Credit: Original article published here.