Grace Victory was told by doctors she may not survive coronavirus (Picture: Grace Victory/Instagram)
Grave Victory has returned home from hospital after she fell seriously ill with coronavirus and was placed in a coma.
The YouTuber, 30, told fans last month she was ‘fit for discharge’ following her ‘hellish journey’ after spending three months in intensive care and being put into an induced coma due to Covid.
But she is now home safe and sound, updating her followers on Twitter on Saturday with the simple message: ‘I’m home.’
Pleased to hear the news, one follower replied: ‘Massive congrats Grace. You are brave, have pulled through this and now wish you all the family love at home.’
Another added: ‘I’m so happy for you!! you are the strongest and the most amazing human. Sending so much love to you, Lee and baby <3’
A Twitter user posted: ‘You’re an actual marvel. I’m so happy for you and your family.’
Grace was admitted to hospital on Christmas Day, just a day after giving birth to her first child.
Medics had to deliver her baby early as the social media star was ‘too unwell to carry on with the pregnancy’.
She had initially been given an extremely low chance of survival but managed to pull through and left intensive care for a rehab centre in February.
She told her followers at the time: ‘The medical staff gave me a 5% chance of surviving Covid but because I’m me, I’ve been discharged from the ICU. I will never give up.
‘The entire time my family and Lee kept saying, “You don’t know what she’s capable of” and the whole world sent me love. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.’
Grace tested positive for coronavirus near the end of her pregnancy and, while she initially had mild symptoms, they ‘worsened as the days went on’, and she had to be put into an induced coma so her body could fight it.
At the end of December her family shared an update to say she was ‘stable and responding well to treatment’ before she was brought out of the coma.
Credit: Original article published here.