Counting On has been axed after 11 seasons (Picture: TLC)
Counting On has been cancelled by TLC after 11 seasons, as Josh Duggar awaits trial on child pornography charges.
The reality show, a spin-off of 19 Kids and Counting, began airing in 2015, and followed the lives of Duggar siblings, their families and their parents Jim Bob and Michelle.
Its 11th season aired in 2020.
However, TLC has confirmed no further seasons will be produced, saying in a statement: ‘TLC will not be producing additional seasons of Counting On. TLC feels it is important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately.’
Addressing the cancellation, Jinger Duggar and her husband Jeremy Vuolo said: ‘We are grateful for TLC giving us the opportunity to be on their network over the years and their kindness towards the Vuolo family. It’s been a remarkable journey that has opened doors to traveling and experiencing the world in a way that we wouldn’t have imagined possible.
‘We wholeheartedly agree with TLC’s decision not to renew Counting On and are excited for the next chapter in our lives. We’d like to thank our fans, friends and the amazing film crew who have shown us love and support. We look forward to continuing our creative journey in Los Angeles and seeing what the future holds.’
The ‘situation’ referenced in TLC’s statement is the charges facing Josh Duggar, the eldest of Jim Bob and Michelle’s 19 children.
In April, the 33-year-old pleaded not guilty to receiving and possessing child pornography, after being accused of possessing material which depicted the sexual abuse of children under the age of 12.
If found guilty, he faces up to 20 years of imprisonment and fines up to $250,000 (£179,810) on each of the two counts.
Agents allegedly found 65 child porn images, with 200 further images found in ‘unallocated space’ on the computer, which means an attempt had been made to delete them.
Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent Gerald Faulkner, testifying in court, described the images as ‘in the top five of the worst of the worst that I’ve ever had to examine.’
Investigators also allegedly found a two minute video of a man performing sex acts on two young girls aged between five and 10 years old.
At the time, TLC released a statement reading: ‘TLC is saddened to learn about the continued troubles involving Josh Duggar. 19 Kids and Counting has not aired since 2015. TLC cancelled the show on the heels of prior allegations against Josh Duggar and he has not appeared on-air since then.’
Counting On was born of the decision to cancel 19 Kids and Counting in 2015, after Josh was accused of molesting five underage girls when he was a teenager.
Two of his sisters, Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald, later came forward as two of the victims, insisting they had already ‘moved on’ and forgiven their brother.
Josh said in a statement: ‘Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation.
‘We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counselling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life.’
Josh is currently awaiting trial; his legal team filed a motion this month to delay the trial from July 6 until February 2022, saying they need more time to complete their review of the case evidence by a computer forensics expert.Credit: Original article published here.