My Celebrity Life

Craig Revel Horwood delighted to welcome Anton Du Beke back to Strictly after Bruno Tonioli’s exit: ‘Love, love, love you!’

Craig couldn’t hide his joy (Picture: BBC)

Craig Revel Horwood has shared his excitement after it was revealed Anton Du Beke would be back on the judging panel for the second year in a row. 

Professional dancer Anton, 55, replaced Bruno Tonioli, 66, in his role last year, amid continuing travel restrictions due to Covid and Bruno also juggling commitments on Dancing With The Stars.

However, after much speculation over whether either Bruno or Anton would return this year, the Italian veteran judge confirmed his decision to quit on Thursday.

Bruno revealed the reason for his decision on The One Show, sharing: ‘Unfortunately Dancing With The Stars has moved over to Disney+ to stream live, which is a big deal and very, very exciting.

‘And again, because of the travel situation, I can not really guarantee that I’m going to be there, because anything can happen.’

This means Anton will be permanently stepping into his place, and his fellow panellists expressed their delight at the news during an appearance on Friday’s Morning Live.

The full panel phoned in to Morning Live on Friday (Picture: BBC)
Craig said he was ‘really looking forward to this year’ (Picture: BBC)

Appearing on the BBC One show via video link, Craig said of the forthcoming series: ‘Really looking forward to this year, really looking forward to seeing who the Beeb get on there – and so much fun.

‘It is great to have Anton with us again, darling. Love you. Love, love, love you.’

‘I love you, stop it!’ Anton replied.

Asked by host Sara Cox whether he would be ‘the sweet to Craig’s occasional sour’, Anton replied: ‘I am the delicate cheese to his slightly spicy pea, I think,’ prompting laughter from the other judges.

Anton said he is ‘the delicate cheese to Craig’s slightly spicy pea’ (Picture: BBC)
Bruno had been on the panel since the show started in 2004 (Picture: BBC)

He also went on to give his verdict on his hopes for the series ahead, which will hopefully be free of any Covid restrictions.

‘What I hope we are able to do this year actually, talking about that, is I am hoping we can get rid of the screens,’ Anton continued. ‘Because we have had the screens up over the last couple of the years between the judges, and the judges slightly separated.

‘I am hoping we can get a bit closer so we can have a bit more chat amongst ourselves.’

Craig and Anton will be returning alongside Motsi Mabuse and head judge Shirley Ballas.

Speaking of his decision to exit after 18 years, Bruno added yesterday: ‘It’s absolutely my decision and I think Anton has done a fantastic job and deserves to be on that seat.’

He told him: ‘Carry on, do me proud – you’ve already done that anyway.’

However, it might not be the last we see of Bruno on Strictly, as he added: ‘I may do the tour, I’m not gone forever – don’t count me out!’

Strictly Come Dancing returns later this year to BBC One.

 


Credit: Source

Related posts

Rumours of Love Island star Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu having pre-arranged Casa Amor romance quashed

John Turner

Dame Deborah James’ mum shares pride as Tesco adds bowel cancer symptoms to loo roll packs

John Turner

Minions: The Rise Of Gru plot, trailer, cast and when is it released in the UK?

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: