My Celebrity Life

Eamonn Holmes says Prince Andrew ‘can’t keep pursuing that line’ as royal’s team decline to comment on sex abuse allegation lawsuit

Eamonn Holmes has questioned Prince Andrew’s approach to the sex abuse allegation lawsuit filed against him, saying that the royal ‘can’t keep pursuing that line’ as his team declines to comment.

On Thursday’s edition of This Morning, Eamonn and Ruth Langsford spoke to radio presenter Nick Ferrari and royal commentator Camilla Tominey about the lawsuit filed by Virginia Roberts Giuffre alleging that Prince Andrew sexually abused her when she was 17 years old.

At the start of the segment, Eamonn remarked that the story had ‘missed most of the newspapers this morning’, as Nick explained how if the Duke of York were to be extradited, the civil lawsuit could result in a financial penalty, but may not result in a criminal charge.

It was emphasised that Prince Andrew has consistently denied Ms Giuffre’s claims, which include the allegation that she was forced by the late Jeffrey Epstein to have sex with the duke three times.

Camilla said that she has tried to contact the Duke of York’s representatives today for comment, explaining that Buckingham Palace isn’t dealing with the story directly, as it is instead being addressed by a separate team of PRs and lawyers, stating: ‘And so far it has been no comment, so we wait with bated breath to see what the response is.’

‘He just can’t keep pursuing that line though,’ Eamonn responded, before asking Nick: ‘What way does this play out in the court of public opinion on this if he was not to face these charges?’

Nick replied: ‘I think he’s already been found guilty in the court of public opinion, and I sense that’s probably why the senior royals limit him to I think just his estate.

‘And all he does is go around driving his Land Rover and riding his horses or whatever it might be.’

My Celebrity Life –

Eamonn said story has ‘missed most of the newspapers this morning’ (Picture: ITV)

Nick went on to bring up Prince Andrew’s past military history, stating: ‘Sadly he’s lost his way.’

‘I hate to say this, because of course let’s face it, as a younger man he did see action for this country, he was a very brave young man he flew a helicopter in combat, sadly he’s lost his way,’ he said.

‘I don’t think people would want to see him opening their local hospital, opening their library or whatever it might be. I’m afraid, back to your point, in their eyes – he’s protested he’s innocent – in the eyes of the public, he’s guilty.’

During an appearance on Lorraine earlier this week, Sarah Ferguson described her ex-husband as a ‘thoroughly good man’.

‘The pandemic has been extraordinary for everybody, it’s been so challenging. But I think Prince Andrew is such a good man, he’s a thoroughly good man, he’s a very gentle man, he’s a really good father,’ she said.

In 2019, it was announced that Prince Andrew had stepped down from royal duties amid scandal and controversy over his friendship with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

In November 2019, the royal sat down with Emily Maitlis for a disastrous interview on Newsnight, during which he denied Ms Giuffre’s allegations.

This Morning airs weekdays at 10am on ITV.


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Doctor Who series 13: Line of Duty and Inbetweeners stars join Jodie Whittaker as Flux trailer reveals stacked cast

John Turner

Vigil stars Suranne Jones and Adam James recall chaotic stunt mishap on Celebrity Gogglebox for Stand Up To Cancer

John Turner

Adele breaks Spotify streaming record for ‘Easy On Me’

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: