The reality star has been working in showbiz since the age of 17, but spoke out on Steph’s Packed Lunch after a new clip from Prince Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah aired.
In the new clip, Meghan spoke about her entire life being exposed, comparing it to someone in an office feeling they had the right to your phone’s camera roll if you were to put a picture of your family on your desk.
Katie, who has shared a lot of her life through reality shows and YouTube videos, said that she herself had a complicated relationship with privacy, but connected with Meghan wanting her space.
She told Steph McGovern: ‘When I watched that I could relate it a lot of ways.
‘When you put yourself out there in the public eye, like I have done reality shows, if you’re going to be in the public eye, you do have to expect the media will write stuff, they will try and turn up and take pictures of you if you don’t want it. That’s part and parcel of it.’
‘But I do believe, because I have this as well, that when you’re at home you should be allowed privacy at home,’ she added.
‘I’ve had drones go over the property, I don’t think they should be allowed to do that. I don’t think they should be allowed to wait at the end of your driveway and also, the issue I have is when you don’t see the paparazzi, they’re hiding in bushes.
‘Then you see a picture come out and you think to yourself “well I never saw a camera.”‘
‘To me, that’s kind of like stalking. It makes you paranoid,’ Katie added.
‘You feel like you’re being watched. At least see the photographer, even to say “look, you’ve got your picture now, can you leave me alone?”‘
‘They do need to bring something in because if you’re in the public eye and phone the police and say “look someone’s following me, they’ve got a camera”, they’ll be like “Yeah, but you’re Katie Price – they’re paparazzi”,’ she concluded.
‘But how do they know it’s not just a man with a camera saying they’re paparazzi?’
Steph’s Packed Lunch airs weekdays at 12.30pm on Channel 4.
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have spoken to Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview about their decision to step back as senior working members of the Royal Family.
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’