Married at First Sight is the social experiment that puts the question of ‘is there such a thing as love at first sight’ to the test.
Real-life couples – matched up by experts – meet for the very first time… on the day of their wedding.
With five seasons of the show airing so far – and a new UK series starting tonight – there’s been 12 couples brought together.
But how many have made it work?
Have any Married at First Sight couples stayed married?
Cynics be damned! There actually has been one happy ending that could prove that love – and marriage – at first sight really can work.
Owen and Michelle Jenkins from season 5 are still married.
The loved-up pair are now settled in Sheffield, with Michelle moving to the Steel City to be with her husband who she met for the first time in series 5, which aired in October 2020.
The pair have a joint Instagram account, with one recent heart-warming post showing the two together alongside the caption ‘Every day I love you more.’
What happened to the other couples from MAFS UK?
Out of the five series of Married at First Sight UK that have aired so far, Owen and Michelle remain the only successful love story.
Wrapping up what viewers saw on the show, this is what happened to each couple.
- Emma Rathbone and James Ord-Hume – divorced after 34 weeks
- Sam McDonald and Jack Finn-Kelcey – didn’t go through with the wedding to begin with
- Kate Stewart and Jason Knowles – had the marriage annulled
- Lucie and Steve – divorced after six weeks
- Sara and Adam – these two did last almost a year, but they ultimately divorced too
- Caroline and Adam – split after a few months of living together
- Melissa and Clark – split after five months
The new series of Married At First Sight UK starts tonight (Picture: E4)
- Richard and Harriet – the pair divorced very soon after
- Ben and Stephanie – divorced after reports that Ben had been unfaithful
- Wayne and Carrie – another pair who never went through with the wedding to begin with
- Steph and Jonathan – the pair split, and Jonathan actually served her with annulment papers as a Christmas present
- Verity and Jack – the pair split after three months
Married at First Sight UK returns tonight at 9pm on E4.
Credit: Original article published here.