My Celebrity Life

Strictly Come Dancing star on Robert Webb exit: ‘Quickstep would be too much pressure on his heart’

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/PRI_193273490.jpg?quality=90&strip=all
My Celebrity Life –
The actor has been forced to withdraw from the competition (Picture: BBC)

Former Strictly Come Dancing star Joanne Cliffton has given her verdict on Robert Webb’s exit from the programme, saying that his planned quickstep routine would have put too much pressure on his heart.

The Peep Show actor recently revealed that he will no longer be taking part in the show after receiving medical advice.

He had been due to take part in a quickstep routine on Saturday’s show before his exit with professional partner Dianne Buswell.

Joanne, who is the sister of Kevin Cliffton and appeared on Strictly from 2014 to 2016, says that the dance is one of the very toughest, and fully understands his decision to leave the programme.

‘It’s a massive, massive shame about Robert Webb,’ she said on The Kevin Clifton Show podcast.

‘At the end of the day, the BBC and him and his doctors have decided that it’s better for him not to do it, especially when it comes to heart problems. Yeah, definitely shouldn’t.’

The 37-year-old added: ‘And Strictly is tough. People don’t realise but apart from rehearsals, which can be 11 or 12 hours a day, the actual performance itself with the adrenalin is going to up your heart rate.

‘Also, that’s not the only performance we do of it. We’ve got loads of performances and rehearsals of it on the Friday. We’ve got rehearsals on the Saturday, dress run, and then the show. He did quickstep. That is a lot on your heart. Your heart rate is going to go up and up and up. So, I absolutely get it.’

My Celebrity Life –
Dianne Buswell and Robert will no longer be competing this year (Picture: Instagram/ iannebuswel)

She went on to say: ‘It’s a good thing he’s pulled out if he was getting some symptoms or something. But it’s a massive shame. Because he was doing really well.’

Robert isn’t the only contestant who will be missing on Saturday, after former England rugby international Ugo Monye will not be taking part after also suffering health issues.

Speaking about leaving the programme, Robert released a statement saying: ‘I’m extremely sorry to have to announce that I’m withdrawing from Strictly Come Dancing due to ill health.

‘Two years ago I had open heart surgery and although I believed I was fit enough to take on Strictly and its demanding schedule, it became clear that I had bitten off way more than I could chew for this stage in my recovery.

‘I had begun to feel symptoms that led me to seek an urgent consultation with my heart specialist, and it was her view that it would be better for the sake of my health to step back from the show.

Strictly Come Dancing continues tonight at 7.10pm on BBC One.

 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Below Deck star Jake Foulger details moment he accidentally pooed on girlfriend in bed and it’s seriously TMI

John Turner

Netflix’s Single All The Way captures actors’ real shock at Jennifer Coolidge walking in and who can blame them?

John Turner

Strictly 2021: Johannes Radebe mortified as he’s thrown to ground after routine goes badly wrong

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: