Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer Anton du Beke has expressed his excitement over meeting online sensation Jackie Weaver, responding to a hilarious meme about the pair of them on Twitter.
Earlier this week, Jackie became an overnight household name when the Handforth Parish Council meeting she was running went viral over the overheated exchange between those taking part.
Jackie has made several media appearances since the video circulated online, including on BBC Breakfast and evening talk show The Last Leg.
Yesterday, the meeting clerk admitted that she was thrilled about having the chance to meet Strictly’s Anton – who she is a big fan of – stating: ‘I am so chuffed that I’ve been invited to meet, on the screen, Anton Du Beke on Monday. That has just made my world.’
And Anton is equally looking forward to meeting her, he revealed on social media.
A Twitter account impersonating Jackie recently shared an ‘artist’s impression’ of what her meeting with Anton could look like, superimposing Jackie’s face onto a picture that shows Anton whirling his partner around on the Strictly dancefloor.
‘I am so excited to meet Anton Du Beke tomorrow,’ the tweet reads.
‘Here is an artist’s impression of how the meeting could go.’
The tweet received the seal of approval from Anton, who replied: ‘If I had the authority, it’d be a 10 from me!’
While Jackie can’t wait to have the chance to speak to Anton, she has ruled out the possibility of ever appearing on Strictly.
Speaking to BBC Breakfast’s Dan Walker, she said that she would only want to watch the dancing competition ‘as a passenger’, mischievously adding about Anton: ‘I just want to look at him.’
During the council meeting that Jackie was a part of, the council chair Brian Tolver told her that she didn’t ‘have the authority’, prompting her to remove him from the Zoom call and place him in a virtual waiting room.
This infuriated councillor Aled Brewerton, who shouted: ‘Read the standing orders! Read them and understand them!’ while she remained calm and composed.
Jackie expressed her hope that the reaction to the video ‘gives the three councillors some pause and makes them at least question whether or not they have done the right thing here’.
‘Nobody’s looking for an apology,’ she said.
‘What we’re looking at is, is there somewhere where we can find some common ground, where all six councillors can start to work for the benefit of Handforth?’
Credit: Original article published here.